Cellular communication provides the basis for today’s ubiquitous connectivity. Mobile phones as well as rural internet connections heavily rely on cellular networks.
Cellular networks provide long distance and high capacity mobile communications by large networks of wireless base stations. Short range wireless connections to the base stations facilitate high mobility for end devices. Wired or wireless long range backhaul connections between the base stations provide long distance connectivity.
End devices can move freely between base stations without interruption by means of seamless handover procedures.
Today four generations of cellular network technology including 4-th generation LTE are deployed on all continents. 5-th generation cellular network technology is currently being developed and specified by 3GPP. Commercial deployment of standard conform equipment is expected around 2020.
Nomor provides comprehensive services for cellular communication including cellular system simulations, technology demonstrations, standardization services, consultancy services and patent work.
Completed projects include:
- Senior experts of Nomor contributed to 3GPP RAN working groups on 3G, 4G and 5G since 3GPP was founded in 1998
- Research project funded by the EU within the H2020 framework (e.g. 5G-XCAST, 5G-MoNArch, 5G-NORMA) or funded by the German ministry (e.g. KogLTE, SOHLAC)
- Simulation based evaluation of 5G technology components for different frequency bands (<6 GHz, cm- and mm-wave)
- Development and evaluation of advanced radio algorithms for link adaptation, scheduling, radio resource management, inter-cell interference coordination within centralized or distributed networks
- Link level, system level, network level and multi-RAT simulations for UMTS, LTE and 5G
- Feasibility studies and technology demonstrations at exhibitions and customers
- Consultancy services regarding research, standardisation, product planning, development, implementation and testing
- Patent evaluations including claim chart generation and state of the art research and special technology trainings and technology clarifications for use by patent lawyers
- Public and in-house technology training courses on 3GPP LTE and 5G radio technology, protocols and architecture