System Level Simulation
Nomor Research has developed a comprehensive simulation environment with full compliance to standards such as LTE/LTE-A and HSPA and offers related services to support research, development and standardisation.
Features of the dynamic multi-cell, multi-user system level simulator:
• macro-cell and HetNet deployments (pico-, femto-cell, relay nodes)
• flexible base station and user configurations and drop models
• different transmitter and receiver chains incl. MIMO, ZF, MMSE
• channel modeling with slow/fast fading, pathloss, full user mobility
• intra- and intercell interference modeling for OFDMA, SC-FDMA and WCDMA
• 2D and 3D antenna pattern and multi-antenna beam forming
• simultaneous up- and downlink simulation
• extensive metrics and KPIs: capacity, throughput, spectral efficiency, user QoS etc
• high-speed processing close to real-time using multi-core & graphic card processors
Research on advanced algorithms include, but is not limited to:
• advanced features as link adaptation, HARQ, power control, measurements
• scheduling and resource allocation algorithms considering channel and buffer status, QoS etc.
• inter-cell interference coordination, avoidance and cancellation
• single user-, multi-user MIMO with open and closed loop feedback
• cooperative multi-point transmission and reception
• functions for self-organising and self-optimizing networks (e.g. load balancing, mobility optimization, tilt optimisation, range extension, power saving etc. )
• radio resource management for heterogeneous networks
The simulator can be used on project basis or in customized simulation campaigns. The performance of the system level simulator has been calibrated to simulation results obtained in standardisation.
If you are interested we will be happy to provide you further information.