Nomor Research provides Workshop on Self-Organising Networks (SON)
Nomor Research GmbH, a leading provider of LTE protocol stack solutions, announced today that it will in collaboration with Nokia Siemens Networks provide a Workshop on Self-Organising Networks as part of the 3G / HSPA / LTE Optimisation conference organised by Informa Telecoms & Media taking place in Frankfurt, Germany, on 12th of March 2010.
The 6th annual 3G / HSPA / LTE Optimisation conference organised by Informa Telecoms & Media will take place 10th - 11th March 2010 in Frankfurt, Germany. The event attended by operators from Europe, Middle East and Asia will provide guidance on optimisation of mobile networks to maximize return of investment. Recently, Self-Organising Networks functions attracted a lot of attention as key driver for simplifying operation and maintenance of future networks, bringing down the cost of installation and management through the use of automated mechanisms such as self-configuration, self -optimisation and self-healing.
Nomor Research in collaboration with Nokia Siemens Networks will carry out a post-conference workshop on Self-Organising Networks on 12th of March 2010. During the workshop the following topics will be addressed:
- LTE air interface, architecture and planning issues
- Overview standardisation of SON in 3GPP
- SON concept, architecture and use cases as well as business aspects
- SON framework with self-configuration/self-healing/self-optimisation
- Example SON procedures for coverage and capacity planning
- Automatic Neighbour Relation procedure
- Load balancing and RACH optimisation