Nomor Research GmbH was founded in September 2004 by Dr. Thomas Stockhammer, Dr. Ingo Viering and Prof.-Dr. Joachim Hagenauer, in order to continue a successful cooperation between Siemens AG and TU Munich. Dating back to 1999, the Institute for Communications Engineering, headed by Prof. Hagenauer, started to develop first real-time emulation tools for GPRS, EGPRS, and HSDPA. From that time on Nomor Research GmbH is known for its simulation and demonstration know-how for complex and comprehensive systems such as HSDPA, HSUPA, MBMS, WiMAX, LTE and nowadays 5G. The company continuously worked and is working on tools which enable to demonstrate the emerging and new technologies and leverage their introduction.
Nomor Research’s customized products have been demonstrated successfully at major exhibitions such as 3GSM World Congress Cannes and Barcelona, at CTIA in Las Vegas or at the 3G World Congress in Hong Kong. In 2006 Nomor Research in collaboration with Siemens Networks once again proved its leading position in Mobile Communication research and development with the world's first demonstrations of a running LTE and MBMS network with live applications.
History in bullets:
- In 2006 Eiko Seidel has joined Nomor Research as Chief Technical Officer and shareholder to increase the business using his strong and long experience in standardization.
- In 2007 Nomor Research became a member of ETSI/3GPP, signed a first licensing agreement with Vodafone and moved to its current office facilities. In 2008 Nomor Research developed and licensed the first fully complaint LTE protocol stack running on an embedded Operating System.
- In 2009 Nomor Research started collaboration with a tier 1 infrastructure vendor on LTE base station products for the world market. In the same year Nomor celebrated its 5th anniversary.
- In 2009 Nomor Research received the VDE Award as remarkable German startup.
- In 2011 Nomor Research licensed its LTE eNB protocol stack to a tier 1 chip set vendor, as part of a collaboration to provide a small cell platform to tier 1 vendors.
- In 2013 Nomor Research successfully sold the product business to a large Indian technology company, which was able to exploit the valuable assets in a more profitable manner than Nomor Research could do by itself.
- In 2014 first demonstrators of 5G cm- and 5G mm-wave were shown in cooperation with Nokia Networks at the Mobile World Congress and the Brooklyn 5G Summit in New York.
- In 2015, Dr. Pauli, who has been leading most of the simulation projects as Head of System Level, became member of the company's extended management.
- From 2015 onwards, participating in major EU funded H2020 projects, Nomor Research contributes with research and demonstrator development to shape Europeans vision of a future 5G mobile communication network architecture.
- Early 2018 Nomor Research extended its office space to accommodate its growth. Visitors are welcomed at a spacious reception area well separated from our research and development teams.