Through its close contacts to the academic world, Nomor Research is able to offer interesting PhD topics. Being an interface between universities and industry, the environment is ideal for a thesis which is both highly scientific and practically relevant.
An examplary topic is “Radio Resource Management in future 5G Systems”. This will comprise the following topics:
- Service and context aware 5G architecture
- Flexible (de)composition and allocation of RAN functions
- Joint optimization of access and core network functions
- Distributed, centralized and cooperative interference coordination and scheduling
- Multi-connectivity in heterogeneous networks
- Ultra-reliable and ultra-low latency communication
Investigations consider as many practical boundary conditions as possible. The assumptions are based on future systems such as
- 3GPP LTE Advanced or 4G
- ITU-R requirements and intial 3GPP studies on 5G
By help of the Nomor Research’s simulation technologies and real protocol implementations, the potential benefits in realistic 5G scenarios will be evaluated qualitatively, but also – to some extent – quantitatively. Strong industrial partners will deliver the necessary experience from the operator and vendor side.
The candidate should have a background in C/C++ programming and in multi-cellular system level simulations.
If you are attracted by an interesting, scientific and highly relevant thesis in a dynamic, experienced and cooperative environment – please send your meaningful CV to email@example.com.